I've been on a spectacular journey toward wellness for over two decades. I've been through many health challenges and now enjoy vibrancy, energy and financial abundance due to Young Living Essential Oils!
My passion is helping people organize their lives in a way that their family grows and prospers on a regular basis. Whether that means learning about oils at a class I lead, discovering ancient anointing oils, or learning to grow their own business; I count my work with others as a high honor. Ask me anything that's on your mind! Let's chat!
When I was unwell I learned how important it is to have a network of savvy people behind me, leading me toward wellness. This journey has the power to change lives in countless ways as people 'come out of their shell' and forge new territory. Join me and start YOUR Young Living story today!
A note regarding essential oils: When discussing Essential Oil and their capabilities, I am only referring to Young Living Essential Oils which are 100% pure without a drop of adulteration or dilution. I cannot attest to other brands whether they are 100% pure or not. Remember, if the oil is adulterated at all it will not provide the same results as discussed and very possibly can cause harm. If you choose to purchase another brand, please do your homework and research!
WARNING: This page is not a resource for providing medical advice. Postings made at this site have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Products discussed here are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
This site, its information and its resources are not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice.
GUIDELINES FOR THE SAFE USE OF YOUNG LIVING ESSENTIAL OILS
1. Always keep a bottle of V-6 Vegetable Mixing Oil, Massage Oil Base or any pure vegetable oil handy when using essential oils. Vegetable oils dilute essential oils if they cause discomfort or skin irritation.
2. Keep bottles of essential oils tightly closed and store them in a cool location away from light. If stored properly, essential oils will maintain their potency for many years.
3. Keep essential oils out of reach of children. Treat them as you would any product for therapeutic use.
4. Do not use essential oils rich in menthol (such as peppermint) on the throat or neck area of children under 30 months of age.
5. Direct sunlight and essential oils. Lemon, bergamot, orange, grapefruit, tangerine, White Angelica and other citrus oils may cause a rash or darker pigmentation if applied to skin exposed to direct sunlight or UV rays with 3 to 4 days of use.
6. Keep essential oils away from eye area and do not put into ears. Do not handle contact lenses or rub eyes with essential oils on fingers. Oils with high phenol content – oregano, helichrysum, cinnamon, thyme, clove. Lemongrass, bergamot, Thieves and ImmuPower – may damage contacts and irritate eyes.
7. Pregnant women should consult their health care professional before using essential oils containing constituents with hormone-like activity, such as clary sage, sage, Idaho tansy, juniper and fennel.
8. Epileptics and those with high blood pressure should consult their health care professional before using essential oils. Avoid using hyssop, fennel and Idaho tansy oils.
9. People with allergies should test a small amount of oil on a small area of sensitive skin, such as the inside of the arm, before applying the oil on other areas. The bottom of the feet is one of the safest, most effective places to use essential oils.
10. Before taking GRAS (Generally Regarded as Safe) essential oils internally, always dilute with an oil-soluble liquid like honey, coconut or olive oil or raw, grass-fed milk.
11. Do not add undiluted essential oils directly to bath water. Use Bath Gel Base as a dispersing agent for oils in the bath.
Obligatory Disclaimer: The information in this handout is intended for educational purposes only. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Anyone suffering from any disease, illness or injury should consult with a physician.
THESE SUGGESTED USES APPLY ONLY TO THE USE OF THERAPEUTIC GRADE, YOUNG LIVING ESSENTIAL OILS.
References: Young, N.D., Gary D. An Introduction to Young Living Essential Oils. Eleventh Edition, 2001. Essential Oils Desk Reference. Compiled by Essential Science Publishing, Second Edition, July 2001.
Cheryl Jazzar is an Independent Silver Leader with Young Living Essential Oils.